The federal government reports that conserving energy within your home can save you thousands of dollars each year on your utilities bill. With the growing need to lower our impact on the planet the government has really taken the initiative to help consumers make energy efficient choices. The government only backs certain appliances that are Energy Star rated by the Environmental Protection Agency. For limited time periods the government has offered incentives like rebates and tax credits for improving your home to be more energy efficient.
5 Real Saving Points To Energy Efficiency
- An Energy Star washer can definitely show you a big savings. This type of appliance can save you around $150 per year on your utility bill.
- Energy saving dishwashers can save you up to $30 per year on your energy bills.
- Refrigerators are a big appliance that uses a lot of energy and receives regular use by you and your family. An Energy Star fridge can save you approximately $30 per year.
- Every year our homes have several of appliances that are in a stand by mode when we are not using them. Even though they aren’t being used they are still using energy. Energy efficient appliances have a more effective way of being in stand by mode which can save a large amount of money over a few years.
- Using LED lighting uses 75% less energy than incandescent bulbs. LED lights also last much longer which saves you money two ways.
If you look at each of the above savings in a 5 year period the savings really add up. Energy efficient appliances are a great way to lower your monthly expenses. With all the savings you receive from using Energy Star appliances you can spend it on more fun things like a vacation! You will save yourself money and help the environment by choosing to use energy efficient appliances. The environment is very important to us and our children and grandchildren so we want to take care of it. Do your part to help save our planet and make your home more energy efficient today!